Saturday, August 1, 2009

R&R

Remember that C-130 that we support? Well, I finally rode one. Straight to Qatar. I know some of you are wondering, "But Derek, who or what is a Qatar?" It's basically Saudi Arabia. How to describe Qatar? Amazing. I hope this isn't my last time visiting!

Architecture:
Crazy Driving

Places of personal interest in Qatar? The City Center Mall, Villaggio Mall, and I also found myself at both the Old Souq, and the Gold Souq.

Zamboni on the ice rink in City Center Mall
(pic was taken from the 5th floor)

Some pics of the beautiful Villaggio Mall


The types of cars you can expect to see at the Villaggio mall

Old Souq Streets

My new friends:

Mr. Donkey

and

Chicken, Chicken

Here's a pic of my quarters
Same sheets as boot camp, how nostalgic.


Due to this week's explorations in Qatar, there were no car parts purchased.





PSYCH!

Picked up this Apexi Super Suction kit:
So, I've made some new friends from back home since being out in Iraq. Many of these people don't even know what I look like in civilian clothes. Well, since I finally got a chance to go to Qatar, you can have a peek.
This was by far one of the greatest weeks I've EVER had.


It's not quite breakfast, it's not quite dinner but comes with a Strawberry Fanta.
So what is it?
Midrats.
Yeah, back home in wonderful Al Asad.

No comments:

Post a Comment